Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Seeing myself


"And since you know you cannot see yourself, so well as by reflection, I, your glass,will modestly discover to yourself, that of yourself which you yet know not of."

William Shakespeare in Julius Caesar, Act I Scene II

Although this quote comes from the mouth of Cassius as he persuades Brutus to see himself as others see him, I couldn't help but think of the truth in these words. Our inner selves are reflected in many ways, but two are uppermost in my mind right now.

One way is by reflecting on experience, by asking those tough questions. "What was that emotional response all about?" "What motivated those words to come from my mouth?" "What doesn't feel right about this and why?"

Another way is by spending time in the presence of God, meditating on the reflection of Christ. How it happens, I do not know. But somehow the reflection of Christ, reveals my own reflection and I discover those things which I "yet know not of."

No comments:

Blog Archive