Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Monday, September 8, 2008

Single-minded Immersion


Today, I am watching the hundreds of bees on my oregano plant. There are two different kinds swarming about. I don't know anything about bees, but one kind is a regular honeybee size and the other is maybe one-eighth (or smaller) the larger-sized. Both kinds are focused, intent upon their work. They move in and out of the blossoms as though today is the only day to collect whatever it is they are gathering. They are not bothered by my presence. If I move the plant, they rise, buzz the air for a moment, and then return to their bee business. These bees spend hours on this plant, every day, all summer and fall until the cold weather sends them sleeping into winter. 

Oh, to be as they are! Focused. Not bothered by distractions that would send me away from the desire of my heart. To be able to stay present to my heart's desire as though today were the only day in which to do it. To be sensitive to movement and make the necessary changes while remaining present to the moment. To remain single-mindedly immersed in today, every day until the winter call comes from my Creator. Oh, to just be! 

Photo: http://www.insectidentification.org/insect-description.asp?identification=Honey-Bee

No comments:

Blog Archive