Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Monday, November 24, 2008

Tell Me About My God


Augustine of Hippo inspired this altered book spread.

"And what is this? I asked the earth and it said: 'I am not He,' and all things in it made the same confesssion. . . . They answered: 'We are not your god; seek above us.' And I said to all these that surround the doors of my flesh: 'Tell me about my God, since you are not He, tell me something about Him.' And they exclaimed in a loud voice: 'He made us.' My question was in my contemplation of them; and their answer was in their beauty."

Augustine of Hippo from An Anthology of Christian Mysticism.

No comments:

Blog Archive