Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Forty Words for Forty Days: Day 18-Change


Change says that things are not remaining as they were. Change rearranges. Change reconfigures. Change invites adaptation, adjustment, transformation. Change challenges and tests and uncovers one’s mettle. Change is generally beyond one’s control. 

Presently, I find myself in the midst of change. The season is changing from winter into spring. The change invites me to rearrange my life so that gardening fits into the schedule. My cat is changing from independent to dependent. The change tests my grit. My daughters are changing from children into adults. The change challenges me and invites me to adjust my ways of being a mother.

I sense an inner changing, too. It is change not easily identified or named. It is a feeling like the shifting sand under my feet when waves roll under them. Subtle. Ticklish. Warm and cold at the same time. A desire of sorts arises from this sensation. It is a desire to stay in one place and let the changing sand bury my feet. But I know that eventually, I must move or be overcome. This is the hard part about change—making the necessary moves.

At the moment, I don’t know where the changes of my life are taking me, so I am standing still. I am waiting for the shifting and rearranging to cue me into the next move. So while I wait, I’ll let the subtle ticklishness of change satisfy me.

Here is my reflective question of the day: “Where is change tickling you?”


No comments:

Blog Archive