Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Monday, March 9, 2009

Forty Words for Forty Days: Day 11-Weak


Weak is a word that lacks strength. Yet there is a kind of weak that makes one strong. When I own what is weak then I am strong. But I have a human problem. I don’t like to own what is weak in me. I want to think of myself as able.

When my husband and I were moving our “new-used” sofa, I told him I was weak. As I have aged, so has my body. My muscles are no longer strong and able to lift the weight they once were capable of lifting. Admitting that my body is weak was actually helpful in being able to move the heavy furniture because I could compensate for my weakness. I don’t like having weak arms, but I do.

I also know that I have an inner weakness. My soul is weak. This bothers me more than weak arms. Weak means vulnerable, soft, incapable. I don’t like how that sounds or how it feels. Yet, my weak soul is just that vulnerable, soft, and at times incapable. When I pretend that I have no weakness in my soul, the weakness is magnified. When I admit and own my soul’s weakness, strength appears. It is one of the soul’s paradoxes. I don’t like having a weak soul, but I do.

Here is my reflective question for the day: “What of your weak soul do you need to own?”

Photo: http://www.babyanimalz.com/images/

No comments:

Blog Archive