Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Altered Book: On Being a Helix


Several months back, I wrote a series with the title On Being a Helix in the Trinitarian Matrix. Out of these writings came an idea for an altered book. It is a hanging piece and each altered page reflects what it means for me to be a helix in the Trinitarian matrix.

Before beginning each page, I spent time meditating. Then for each page, I would begin with color. Next, I added whatever described my meditative experience. I fitted a helical image into the design; and then to finish, I gave it a title. As I reflected on the book as a whole, I find that it tells the story of my helical journey in the Presence.

For today's post, the photo is of the finished hanging. Future posts will show each individual page.


No comments:

Blog Archive