Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dream Poetry


Dreams intrigue me. They are pictures of the inner world—the interior life. They are stories of the deeper self. They have power to teach. They have power to di
rect the exterior life. They are mysterious communicants of the spiritual. And like any experience in life, a bit of reflecting is one of the keys to spiritual formation.

I reflect on my dreams in a few different ways. I write them down in detail. I title them. I draw them. I name my affective experience. I revisit the dream as a form of meditation and
converse with the characters. And just recently, I have begun to create dream poetry. This idea came from a friend who makes this her practice.

So over the next few days, I will be posting dream poetry. And for you dear reader, I invite you to do the same: create your own dream poetry and post it here as a comment or on your own blog.

No comments:

Blog Archive