Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Friday, October 30, 2009

Seeing the Art Department

Today I took my younger daughter to George Fox University for a campus tour. She wanted to see the art department. I had never been in that area of the school until today. Intriguing. We looked in the photographer’s dark room, the design room, the drawing room, the pottery room, the kiln room, the glass fusing room, the mixed media room, and the galleries. These were rooms designed for creativity.

I wanted to wear a painting jacket, sit at an easel, grab a brush, and spread vibrant colors on a canvas. All of what I saw reminds me that we are made in the image of a magnificent Creator. One who engages with the creative spirit of humankind. This is the God that I worship, one who partners with me in the creative work that satisfies my spirit and fills me with contentment. This is a good God.


Day ten of the Thirty Days of Seeing

No comments:

Blog Archive