Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Friday, December 4, 2009

Do Not Be Afraid


"Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God."

How often do I fear? And what do I fear? What is God's invitation when I am afraid? Could it be that new life can come of fear?




2 comments:

Larry C said...

I love this quote from Thomas Merton:
"Perhaps I am stronger than I think. Perhaps I am even afraid of my strength, and turn it against myself, making myself weak. Making myself secure. Making myself guilty.

Perhaps I am most afraid of the strength of God in me. Perhaps I would rather be guilty and weak in myself, than strong in Him whom I cannot understand."

When I see the strength and courage Mary had I wither, "Could I have don that?"

The answer is no, and neither could Mary without the living Christ truly within her.

Lisa Gonzales-Barnes said...

Thanks for the Merton quote. Afraid of the strength of God in me--that resonates. If I think of myself as weak, then I don't have to act. But therein lies the guilt. Ugh!

Blog Archive