Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Softly Rough Around the Edges

Sunset at Lavacourt by Monet

I love impressionist art because it is just that impressionistic. Not specific, not clear. It hints at images. It vaguely creates a scene. It indistinctly tells a story. It is softly rough around the edges. It caresses the imagination of the viewer. The impressionist seems to say, "Reality is too harsh, let me give you a softer version."

This is what I want for myself this year--a softer version of reality. I don't mean that I want my life to be easier. Rather I want my responses to be softer. My attitudes to be softer. My habits to be softer. My heart to be softer. I want softer impressions of my experiences. I want my imagination to be caressed by softer perceptions of my reality.

I would like to be softly rough around the edges.


No comments:

Blog Archive