Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pentecost Dream


 This past Sunday was Pentecost Sunday, a day to remember the flaming fire of the Holy Spirit. The Friday and Saturday night before, I dreamed about fire. In the first dream on Friday, I was told, "Don't be afraid." And in the second dream on Saturday, I walked right into a consuming but nonconsuming fire.

After waking Sunday morning, I started to reflect on my dreams when I suddenly remembered that it was Pentecost Sunday. The dream's images became extremely powerful. Since then, I have been thinking about this consuming but nonconsuming fire.

This is the Holy Spirit. The Spirit consumes but does not consume. I can stand in the Presence of a fire that has the power to burn all that can be burned and not be burned. Not be hurt. Not be reduced to ashes. It is a fire that knows what to consume and how to consume it.

As I stood in the middle of that consuming fire in my dream, I distinctly knew that this fire was powerful and that it was consuming. But I was not afraid, instead I was safe and unconsumed. What was consumed? My fear.

My fear of those things that would hinder the work of the Spirit was consumed. I was empowered when this fear was consumed. It was the perfect beginning for a day to remember the flaming fire of the Holy Spirit. It was a Pentecost Dream.

No comments:

Blog Archive