Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Sunday, September 26, 2010

For Strong Women



This altered book represents my reflection on the poem, For Strong Women by Marge Piercy. Each page spread is a contemplative art reflection on one stanza of the poem. Here you see the cover and the inside of the cover.

I created the cover with a strap that fastens so that the book would be completely closed. This felt right because the interior of the book felt personal and vulnerable. 

I will post each spread with its proper stanza and in the order of the poem. I hope you enjoy the poem and my artistic reflection of each of the stanzas.


No comments:

Blog Archive