Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Harvesting


I've been thinking about The Kingdom and harvesting. Not long ago, I created a collage based on Luke 10. The three words on my collage were Harvest Power . . .  Peace. As I worked on the collage, I kept getting the image of peace as the essence of Kingdom, Peace as the power of the Kingdom, Peace as the power behind the harvest. I like that imagery.

As a gardener who has been bringing in the harvest over the past several weeks, I can appreciate the "power" needed to be constant and intentional about tending to the harvesting. There is also something peaceful in attending to the harvest. It is a focused energy that ignores distractions for the sake of harvesting what can be harvested before the cold rains put the harvest to rest. 

Likewise, there is a peaceful power that exists in the Kingdom field. But the peaceful seems to be more a sense of something other than actually finding manifestations of peace. I am not certain what that means, but simply being present in the midst of the harvest gives me a nice sense of being at peace despite the junk going on in the world around me.

Thus, on this Hallowed Eve, I say to you, "Happy Harvesting."

No comments:

Blog Archive