Yesterday, I bought what I consider to be a funky skirt. I got it because it matches a scarf I own. When I saw the skirt and thought of the scarf, I, then, imagined wearing both of them with funky tights, funky socks, and my boots. Now, before you begin to think that this is a fashion post, let me explain. Somehow, I began to think about funky dressing as being Christ-like. Odd, I know.
This is how funky dressing is like Christ dressing.
1. Funky dressing makes a statement, so does Christ dressing.
2. Funky dressing invites a second look, so does Christ dressing.
3. Funky dressing is a personal experience, as is Christ dressing.
4. Funky dressing chooses the wearer and vice versa, Christ dressing does the same.
5. Funky dressing names the wearer, as does Christ dressing.
So, buy a bit of funk. Make a statement. Invite a second look. Have a personal experience. Make a choice. And wear the name.
By the way, those are not my legs in the picture above, but they do belong to someone in my immediate family.