Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Thursday, October 30, 2008

Funky Dressing


Yesterday, I bought what I consider to be a funky skirt. I got it because it matches a scarf I own.  When I saw the skirt and thought of the scarf, I, then, imagined wearing both of them with funky tights, funky socks, and my boots. Now, before you begin to think that this is a fashion post, let me explain. Somehow, I began to think about funky dressing as being Christ-like. Odd, I know.

This is how funky dressing is like Christ dressing.

1.    Funky dressing makes a statement, so does Christ dressing.

2.    Funky dressing invites a second look, so does Christ dressing.

3.    Funky dressing is a personal experience, as is Christ dressing.

4.    Funky dressing chooses the wearer and vice versa, Christ dressing does the same.

5.    Funky dressing names the wearer, as does Christ dressing.

So, buy a bit of funk. Make a statement. Invite a second look. Have a personal experience. Make a choice. And wear the name.

By the way, those are not my legs in the picture above, but they do belong to someone in my immediate family.

No comments:

Blog Archive