Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Advent and My Uncertain Hope

For this week, my Advent readings come from Isaiah 64 and Mark 13. When I read Isaiah, verse 6 caught my attention and stayed with me throughout my meditation. It concerned me because I know its truth too well. Here it is for you to ponder:

"We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities,
like the wind, take us away."

From Mark, verse 34 got my attention. Here it is:

"It is like a man going on a journey, when he leaves home and puts his slaves in charge, each with his work . . . Therefore, keep awake--for you do not know when the master of the house will come . . ." 

Mark seemed to be connected to Isaiah, or Isaiah to Mark, either way I found myself with these questions "What is my work?" and "What is taking me away from it?" 

My uncertain hope is that I am doing the work that I have been given and that I will be found doing it when the Master of the Kingdom returns.


No comments:

Blog Archive