Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Monday, December 1, 2008

More on Uncertain Hope for the First Week of Advent

Today, as I reflected on an “uncertain hope,” I was reminded of its mysteriousness. It is hope that has movement, yet it seems to be still. It is hope that is consistent, yet it is unpredictable. It is hope that is content, yet it calls forth longing. It is hope that is satisfied, yet desirous. It is certain, yet uncertain.

Its uncertainty defines my spiritual journey. The “Middle Kingdom of Broken Souls” invites me to participate in this uncertainty with a trusting spirit. The infant king reigns in the mysterious darkness; and like the Wise Men who made an uncertain journey, I trust the Bethlehem Star. 

This uncertain hope invites me into unknown places to do unknown things for unknown people. It invites my broken soul to trust the Ruling Babe of the Middle Kingdom. It invites my broken soul to trust that the Grown Man King will return and reveal himself to all the Broken Souls.

No comments:

Blog Archive