Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Sunday, December 7, 2008

Peace Refrain

Peace

For the second week of Advent, peace is the refrain. At the birth of Jesus, the angels sang "Peace on earth," but since that time, there has not been much peace on earth--at least, not in the way that we like to think about peace--no strife, no war, no conflict. To make sense of this discrepancy, the tendency is to make peace one of the inner life. Jesus gives us peace within.

And that is true. Peace must exist within before it can exist without. What I mean is that if we are to have peace on earth, we must have peace on the inside of us. So I must ask myself these questions:

Where do I need peace within?

If my external world is not peaceful, what in my internal world is not at peace?

How is the peace of my external world a reflection of the peace that exists in my inner world?

No comments:

Blog Archive