Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Monday, December 8, 2008

Peace?

As I thought about peace and meditated on the readings for this second week of Advent, several questions arose for which I have no answers as of yet. This week’s readings come from Psalm 85:8-13 and 2 Peter 3:8-15. 

Two verses conjured these questions: verse 8 from the Psalm and verse 14 from 2 Peter.

 “Let me hear what God the Lord will speak, 

for he will speak peace to his people.”

“While you are waiting for these things [the day of God],

 strive to be found by him at peace . . . “

To hear the words of peace that God will speak, I must listen with ears wide open. Attentive, alert. This much I know, but now come the questions:

How will God speak peace to me?

How will that peace look?

What are my expectations regarding this peace?

What is my part in discovering peace?

How does “striving” to be at peace look?

What kind of peace is he talking about?

These questions surrounding peace are unsettling for me. Does that mean that I am unpeacefully at peace?

No comments:

Blog Archive