Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Saturday, January 17, 2009

God and Myself


This is my altered page from a reflection on the words of 
Gertrude the Great.

". . . I thought only of God and myself; and I beheld my soul, under the similitude of wax softened by the fire, impressed like a seal upon the bosom of the Lord; and immediately I beheld it surrounding and partly drawn into this treasure-house, where the ever-peaceful Trinity abides corporally in the plenitude of the Divinity and resplendent with its glorious impression . . .  "

Gertrude the Great in An Anthology of Christian Mysticism

No comments:

Blog Archive