Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Friday, February 20, 2009

Close and Open in the Trinitarian Matrix


Something I’ve noticed about helixes is that they can be wide, open, and spacious; or they can be narrow, tight, and close; or they can be at some point in between. There is loveliness in all. Whether open or closed or somewhere in between, all attract my attention and invite reflection.

My present state of being tends toward the narrow and close type of helixes. But I find in this pulled-in place a kind of quiet introspection and a sort of tight reflection taking place. It is a turning inward like a right-handed helix. It is a closing in on oneself in order to nurture and refresh the soul. This is my introverted way of being.

Other times, my extroverted self spins outward. I come out from inside like a left-handed helix. I am wide and open. There is noise and chatter. It is a stretched-out place where I find a kind of loud and loose reflection. It is a turning outward to express the soul and to participate with others in this soul sharing. It is a generous giving and receiving place.

In the Trinitarian Matrix, there is space for my close helical being and for my open helical being and for all my helical points in between. Whatever helical shape I find myself showing, there is room for it in the Matrix of the Trinity.

Photo: http://spiral.gallery.sytes.org/


No comments:

Blog Archive