Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Helix Variety in the Trinitarian Matrix


Today’s word for my helical thoughts is variety. As I have been looking at different kinds of helices, I am amazed at the infinite number of ways the helix is represented. Those that are man-made consist of wood, metal, concrete, rods, plastic, paper, fibers, paint, ad infinitum. Then, there are those in nature—in twigs, in tendrils, in flowers, in seeds, in hair, in DNA, ad infinitum.

They are of differing textures and differing colors. They are of differing heights and widths, and lengths. Some are rigid. Some are flexible. Some are hard. Some are soft. Some are plain. Some are intricate. Some are strong. Some are delicate. Some are smooth. Some are sharp. Some are open. Some are closed. The ways to describe a helix are innumerable, yet each one is a helix in its simplest design.

I am that helix. In my simplest design, I am created in the image of my Creator. Yet, that foundational image is expressed in the most varied of ways. It is the way of creativity. I am a soul expressed in infinite variety. Yet, the very core of my being is that image, that shape, that piece of the Trinitarian Matrix. It is that image that sustains the variety of my helical self.


No comments:

Blog Archive