Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Thursday, March 19, 2009

Forty Words for Forty Days: Day 20-Support


Support is a firm word, a solid word. It is a word that offers stability. It offers a place to stand. It shores up, holds up, props up whatever is unstable or uncertain.

It is the binding that holds things in place when external pressures threaten to scatter them. It is the safety net that catches the jumper, the bottle that holds the heart’s tears, the language that gives meaning to what cannot be verbalized.

Support enables whatever is being supported to remain, to exist, to be what it is in the moment. It allows the supported to continue in whatever needs to be continued.

My husband supports me. Sometimes physically with a hug. Sometimes emotionally with a listening ear. Sometimes intellectually with a challenging question. Sometimes soulfully with his presence. He offers a place for me to stand when I seem to be unstable. He is one of my soul supports.

Here is my reflective question for the day: “What supports your soul?”


No comments:

Blog Archive