Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Saturday, March 21, 2009

Forty Words for Forty Days: Day 21-Yearn


Yearn speaks of deep movement in the soul, in the spirit. It is desire for a thing. That thing is sometimes known and sometimes unknown. It is a welling up, a feeling of incomplete fullness, a sense that there is more. It seems to say that there is not enough of something. 

During my walk today, half a dozen flocks of geese flew above me. They were headed south and west. Their honking formations called to me. I paused and watched as their journeys took them directly above me, to my left, to my right, and behind me. A yearning rose from a very deep place within me.

It was an unknown yearning. It was a sense of wanting more, needing more. I felt full yet incomplete. Desire welled up. Upon reflection, it seems that my yearning was for wholeness. Not a personal wholeness, but a creation wholeness.

In my yearning, I wanted to be reconnected with the created world. My yearning arose out of the brief recognition that I and creation are soulfully bound yet sadly, disconnected. I yearn for the reunion of soul, the reuniting of my soul with that of the rest of creation.

Here is my reflective question for the day: “For what does your soul yearn?”


No comments:

Blog Archive