Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Forty Words for Forty Days: Day 37-Content


Content is quietly at ease, relaxed, satisfied. It says that things are okay. There is the sense of not needing more or less. It is a place of resolved inner peace. It is a decisive peace with what is. It is not grasping or clutching or reaching greedily. It holds loosely what it has and embraces graciously what comes.

Content is a paradox. Although I am content, I am not. I find that I am a broken and incomplete soul. I am content in that brokenness, in that incompleteness. Yet, I desire a healthy and complete soul. In contentment, I lightly hold my imperfect self and graciously accept the snippets of wholeness that come.

I am at peace with what-is but look forward to what-will-be. I am content that what-is will transform into what-will-be. The what-is and the what-will-be are both places of contentment. I want what-will-be; but in the meantime, I am content in the what-is until the what-will-be arrives. Then, I will be content in the what-is, again.

Here is my reflective question for the day: “How does content describe your soul?”

Art by Johnathan Harris

 http://fineartamerica.com/featured/contentment-johnathan-harris.html


No comments:

Blog Archive