Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Monday, September 28, 2009

The Song


There is a song,
I don’t remember.
It begins, “Since
By God’s mercy
We are engaged.”
Repeat it again,
Maybe I’ll remember.
The second part
Is out the back
And around the front.
Songs from another time
Are discovered.
And the missing piece
Is recovered just in time.
I hold the song
In my hand,
Turn off the light,
And run out the back.
The other songs are
Properly placed
Near the woman
Who is looking
From her bed.

2009 Dream Poetry Series--The Song by L.D.Barnes

No comments:

Blog Archive