Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Seeing Fountains

On any one of the mornings that I walk, I see fountains. Sometimes one, two, three or even four. And sometimes I see a pond or two. Some of the fountains are tinted green or blue. All of them pour over rocks and cascade into small pools where bubbles and foam splash about on the surface. At present red and yellow leaves float there too. These fountains tug at some interior cord that is connected to my heart and pulls my mouth into a smile.

Their watery movements elicit a sense of contentment, a sense that all is well with me in the moment. And so it is. The fountains remind me that I am in process, on the move inwardly. They stir that inner knowing that The One Who Is The Water Of Life is flowing over and around my soul. And a longing to become one with that Water Of Life dips into the well of my heart and pours contentment over me.

One day, I and the Fountain of Life will cascade fully and perfectly together. In the waiting time, I will see fountains, remember, and hope.

Day eight of the Thirty Days of Seeing

No comments:

Blog Archive