Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Sunday, November 22, 2009

Seeing My Nephew

I saw my nephew today. He is three years old almost four. I haven’t seen him in over a year, so he is quite grown compared to the last time that I saw him. I am amazed at the changes that have taken place. He tells stories now and sings. He is observant. He dresses himself. His hair is darker. His face is narrower. And his curiosity is lively. He is changed from toddler to boy. I like the boy he is becoming, and I enjoyed seeing him in all his little boy glory.

His presence gave me pause to reflect on what God might see in me. Over the years, I have changed—been transformed. I would like to imagine that God likes the woman I am becoming. That God enjoys seeing me in all my feminine glory. That God overlooks my imperfections and is amazed. That is what I would like to imagine of God. And so, that is what I do and believe it to be true.


Day twenty-nine of the Thirty Days of Seeing

No comments:

Blog Archive