Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Friday, December 18, 2009

Traveling to Bethlehem


I have heard the Christmas story so often that sometimes it seems distant. But the figures in this sculpture remind me that the people were real and the event historical, that these lives were changed by the work of God, that these people made choices that made them partners with a living but unseen Being, that these people were included in the making of a new destiny for mankind.

How much did they know at the time? Probably, very little. Did they still struggle? I'm sure. Real people in an historical story.

What is my historical story? What is your historical story?

No comments:

Blog Archive