Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Glitches


Okay . . . I have been having problems with trying to post on this blog. And I have been reflecting around my responses as I have dealt with them. Here is what I have noticed:

First, I problem solve. I try everything I know to do to fix the problem. I rearrange. I rewrite. I delete. I copy and paste. Finally, I ask for help.

Second, internally I begin to get frustrated and annoyed.

Third, I think about the reasons for getting frustrated and annoyed.

Fourth, I reflect on myself.

Fifth, I write it down.

So, here are some thoughts that come to mind as I reflect on the reasons for my frustration and annoyance.

Blogging is important to me.

When something is important to me, I expect it to work out a certain way.

I expect things to work in ways that are familiar to me.

I don't like glitches in the expectations.

I can't fix the glitches.

So, now I am reflecting on how this manifests itself in other areas of my life. This small problem is only one small glitch in a larger reality of glitches. My gleaming hope is in the redeeming quality of my first actions when the problem arises. And in the end, I do ask for help. At least I recognize my limitations and that somewhere in the universe there is an advocate who will come to my aid in the midst of all the glitches.

No comments:

Blog Archive