Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sleeping into Transformation


As I reflect on the bear and her winter habits, I think of what it means to sleep into transformation. As a bear rests in her den and is nourished by her own body until her spring emergence, so also a growing child within the womb is nourished until the day of her birth, until she is formed fully and able to survive the days ahead of her.

In my own life, there are seasons of sleeping into transformation, times when I need quiet nourishment from a deeper source. This nourishing source provides what I need for my future rebirthing and the days ahead. That deep source is the Divine Womb--the Den of God--a dark place of hibernation.

No comments:

Blog Archive