Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Monday, February 8, 2010

The Gift

"At the right time

A gift will come.

Go and present yourself.”


I wait in the cave.

Fear approaches.


I back away,

But I know

At the right time,

A gift will come.


I wait in the cave.

Fear approaches.


I back away.

At the right time,

The gift appears.


Fear takes it in its mouth

And carries it away.


A second gift remains.


I pick it up

And take it

Out of the cave

Up the cliff side

Through the narrows

Past the thorns

Back to the one

Who lowered the gift

Into the cave

Into the mouth of fear

At the right time.


Tears of release

Arms of assurance.


Dream Poetry series 2010 The Gift by Lisa Barnes

No comments:

Blog Archive