Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Resurrected Shepherd


This is the fourth Sunday in the Easter season. It continues the celebration begun Easter morning. It is a spirited season, a joyful season, a season that knows something wonderful has happened, is happening, and will continue to happen. It is a season that is happy about the past, enjoys the present, yet longs for the future.

It is a season of white and gold, pink flowers, and alleluia banners. It is a season to sing Up From the Grave and read from Revelation 7. It is a season to reflect on the Good Shepherd and what it means to follow the leading. It is a good season to be a follower, a follower of Jesus, a follower of the Resurrected One.

I say this because in the following, I learn what it means to be a resurrected person. In the following, I learn the significance of death and the power of new life. In the following, I learn the meaning of burial and the walking out of the tomb. In the following of a resurrected Shepherd, I learn to trust a leading over spacious fields, through running waters, into dark caves, through open gates, and onto untrod pathways.

I may not know where I am going, but I nibble and drink along the way. I rest and gaze. Kick up my heels or stumble. Run or walk. But always following, following and trusting. The Resurrected Shepherd leads along the good way, and there I am learning to be resurrected too.

No comments:

Blog Archive