Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year's Blessing



A new year begins. The beginning of a new year invites planning and goal setting, but inevitably the unexpected surprises me. This is the mystery of a new year. So as I reflect on 2010, I see that amidst all my plans came surprises, some welcomed, some not so welcomed. But they came nevertheless and my life is changed because of them.

As I enter the new year's journey, I anticipate the expected and the unexpected. Both will change me. Thus, my hope for 2011 is that my spiritual formation will draw me closer to my Creator and unite me with the Divine Presence.

May your New Year be a year of spiritual change and a forming in you of the Divine Peace.

Blog Archive