Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Monday, September 5, 2011

Re-Purposed


I was "stumbling" today. What I mean is I was using Stumble Upon to surf the net. In the process, I came across some interesting upcycling projects and creative reuse of throw-away-able items. The idea of reusing things and imagining them as something other than their original purpose intrigues me. It stretches the imagination and probably connects brain neurons in new ways. One problem is that it takes time to re-imagine a thing and then it takes time to re-make the thing. So much easier to just go buy a thing that serves the need and to throw away what doesn't. Sad. My "stumbling" challenged me, caused me to consider what could be reused, salvaged, remade, renewed, and redone. I think of God's re-creating me, re-making me, re-newing me, re-doing me. I've not been thrown on the garbage heap. Instead, God re-imagined me and is the process of upcycling me. I am one of those creative projects that is being re-purposed. I like that about God and me. We're goin' green together.

No comments:

Blog Archive