Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Removal of Excess


Lately, I have been cleaning out my things. The local Goodwill donation site is full of my things, well, no longer my things. Their things now. When I take these things and drop them in the rolling cart, I feel satisfied. It is the removal of excess. It feels satisfying because it also symbolizes the removal of internal excess. At the same time that I am clearing away old things, broken things, unnecessary things, taking-up-space things, and unwanted things, I am also, clearing away internal clutter.

This inner clutter takes up too much space and burdens me. As I drop my things in the bucket, I am, in a way, releasing inner things that are old, broken, unnecessary, and unwanted. As I do so, I feel an opening up, a spaciousness, freedom to discover what is new, whole, necessary, wanted. As I make way in my physical space, I am finding spiritual space, emotional space. I have a lot to sort. At times, I am ruthless. But years of accumulation require a bit of ruthlessness. Just so, interior accumulation requires a bit of ruthlessness. And sometimes ruthlessness requires no-thinking decision-making. What I mean is "go with the gut" and just let it go. Remove the excess.

No comments:

Blog Archive