Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Saturday, November 26, 2011

Seeing Red


Lately, color matters to me. Particularly, red. Today a red lamp caught my eye. I didn't buy it, but I wanted to. Right now, I need color in my life and lots of it. For some reason, it makes me feel better. It cheers me.

I've been reading a bit on chromotherapy, otherwise known as color therapy. Since red has gotten my eye, I read about red. Of course, red is considered a warm color. Emotionally, it is sometimes associated with anger. Sometimes, it is associated with excitement and intensity. Sometimes, it is associated with love and comfort. Red generates strength and energy.

Apparently, red is related to the masculine principle. It has the longest wavelength and is a powerful color. It is considered a physical color with positive effects, such as physical courage, warmth, friendliness, survival, and stimulation.

Reflecting on red is giving me some insight into what it is that I need at this time in my life. Courage, yes. Strength, yes. Energy, yes. Warmth and stimulation, yes. Love and comfort, yes. Intuitively, my eye has chosen what my spirit needs. And a bit of red is it.

No comments:

Blog Archive