Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Tuesday, March 26, 2013

They Say She Has Delusions


Third page of my altered book: The Lamenting Prophetic Witness through the Eyes of Women's Insanity

Sometimes there is a kind of seeing that doesn't quite jive with what is supposedly reality. It's a somewhat distorted perspective, and yet this sort of twisted vision or view is very real to those who experience reality through a different lens. Speaking from my own experience, I can say that there have been moments when reality seemed so clearly to be a particular way only for me to discover at some time distant to the event, that what I thought was clearly real was a fabrication of my mind. And yet, I knew something in that moment. So who's to say what is real in any given moment. And do certain things not exist because I don't see them as another does? When I meet with patients, I do my best to respect their reality. It may not make a lot of sense to me, but their pain is real. Here is the poem from this page:

They say she has delusions.
There's a God conspiracy.
Was Jesus schizophrenic?
But she knows something,
By seeing sideways.

No comments:

Blog Archive