Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Friday, March 22, 2013

God Birthed Her


Second page of my altered book: The Lamenting Prophetic Witness through the Eyes of Women's Insanity

In my work, I see and experience a lot of tears. Too many tears. They are tears full of suffering, abuse, pain, fear, oppression, grief, and utter despair. Mostly, I can hold the space for all those bloody tears, but once in awhile I notice that inner stirring which tells me that a few of those bloody tears have gotten in and mixed with my own bloody tears. In those moments, I know what it is to feel the pain of being a human woman. Here is the poem from this page:
From Adam's clay womb
God birthed her
To weep bloody tears
From bloodied eyes
Into God's bloodied side

No comments:

Blog Archive