Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Saturday, April 13, 2013

Her Golden Smile

Sixth page of my altered book: The Lamenting Prophetic Witness through the Eyes of Women's Insanity
I created this page with a particular woman in mind. A lovely woman whose mental illness often made it difficult for me to follow her story. But in the midst of her telling, I discovered one thing for certain. She loved God. She loved Jesus. There were times I met with her that I wanted a miraculous healing to take place. But of course, that didn't happen. Instead, I gave her my listening ears. And I listened hard because she had something to say no matter how unintelligible it may have been at the time. Here is the poem I wrote in her honor:

Her golden smile
Whispers absurdities,
Unholy prophecies.
Jesus hangs on her wall,
And with a darker eye,
She sees his mouth move.

No comments:

Blog Archive