Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Friday, March 27, 2009

Forty Words for Forty Days: Day 27-Reflect


Reflect is a word that reveals what is. The thing being looked at returns to the looker. It returns as it is. Its appearance is not changed but made clearer. Details can be seen. It invites consideration, even scrutinization. To reflect invites understanding. To understand invites acceptance. To accept invites action. To act invites transformation. 

Lately, I have reflected on my dreams, my thoughts, my feelings, my lack of motivation, my relationships, my losses, my choices, my actions, and much more. I have reflected on the past and the present. I have reflected on what I read, what I watch, what I hear.

As I reflect on these things, I have seen bits and pieces of what is. Things that I thought were one thing have returned to me as what they are. I have seen them more clearly. This clarity has invited me to examine what has appeared and to move into understanding, acceptance, action, and transformation. But this process doesn’t end. It is continual.

So, to reflect means to continually look, to continually see what is. It is an intentional choice to consider what is, to inspect more deeply the details, and to permit what is understood to transform one’s soul.

Here is my reflective question for the day: “What would you like to reflect upon at this moment?”


1 comment:

Dianna Woolley said...

At this moment, this very moment, once completing a run through my favorite bloggers' sites and comments, I plan to reflect upon my current piece of artwork in its "final" stages - how it's gotten this far, am I truly comfortable with what I consider completion, how will this piece lend its success to the next piece I begin? In summary, I plan to reflect on a current project and reflect on trusting my decisions about that project! That's sort of straightforward about what's in the forefront of my mind this afternoon.

Blog Archive