Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Forty Words for Forty Days:Day 7-Quiet


Quiet is a non-noise word. It is a word that stills sounds and softens loud. Quiet is a mood, an attitude of being, an aura of stillness that can be sensed. It is a moment in that seems to exist in time and yet is a timeless moment. Quiet cannot be measured by the ticking of a clock. Quiet is.

Today, I experienced quiet. Measured by time, it was a brief moment. But the memory of it lingers in my soul like a tidbit of eternity. It was tangible. It was solid. It was real. In that moment, it seemed more real than any material object within sight. It was as though I could see quiet, hear quiet, smell quiet, taste quiet, and sense quiet.

It was as though quiet were a living being, and I was one with it. I became as quiet is.

Here is my reflective question for the day: “ What in me is not quiet, and how might it become as quiet is?”

No comments:

Blog Archive