Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Friday, November 20, 2009

Seeing Boulders Twice

Yesterday and today, I have noticed two boulders in the same landscaped yard. One is partially hidden by bushes, but the other is out in the open. It is mossy and bold and indented somewhat. This dent resembles a seat. As I have passed by these two days, I have been struck by how solid a seat it would make. How strong. There would be no wobbly legs or unstable seats and backs. No scooting or sliding. It would be immoveable.

I thought about David’s description of God as a rock. I don’t imagine that David meant river rocks. I’m thinking he meant boulder and bigger. I could sit with a God who is bold and solid and stable. A God who offers an immoveable place to sit. That kind of strength feels safe and powerful. Yes, I am thinking that my God is God of the boulders.

Days twenty-six and twenty-seven of the Thirty Days of Seeing

No comments:

Blog Archive