Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Sunday, November 8, 2009

Seeing What Was

Today I attended what will have been my last board meeting for a Portland-based association. I have served five consecutive terms for a total of ten years on this board. When I was first elected to office, I was totally involved. I gave presentations, sold materials at the book table, served at the cookies and coffee table, participated in field trips, and worked other projects. I did these things full-heartedly for about eight years, but for the last two, my focus has been elsewhere.

As I reflect back on my involvement with this board, gratitude comes to mind. I am grateful for the respect that the members have shown to one another even when disagreements arose. I am grateful that members were heard, that members were recognized for their good work and supported in their efforts. I am grateful for the humor, the wit, and the easy-going nature of the group. I am grateful for their professionalism and for their desire to learn from one another. It saddens me to retire from my position because I have benefitted so much from my association with them. But my life’s journey has taken another route.

So in my farewell, I see what was valuable, worthy, and beneficial to me. I am a better person for having been a member of this board. I thank my God for this gift of being in the presence of dedicated people who take seriously their efforts to honor their Creator.

Day fifteen in the Thirty Days of Seeing

Image is the symbol of gratitude.

No comments:

Blog Archive