Eghersis
is a transliteration of the Greek word, εγερσις, which has the meaning of being roused to life. Thus, it is my hope that what you find on this blog will empower, arouse, stimulate, excite, and animate your life--your soul, your spirit--the wholeness of who you are.


Friday, February 19, 2010

On Fear


Thinking today of what it means to be in touch with the ugly places that are hidden deep within my heart. I want God to be in those places; but admittedly, I harbor a bit of fear. It is fear of judgment. It is an unfounded fear, and I know it. So I open myself and make myself vulnerable to the One Who Transforms the ugly places. I do it confessing my fear and receiving mercy.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Lisa, Psalms 139

He is everywhere with us and there is no experience we go through that he is not, not with us. There is no way of escaping from him.

soma said...

Thank you for a great article on why choosing safety is fear and running away from it.

Blog Archive